Azarga needs at least 10 permits/licenses before it can legally mine uranium in the Dewey-Burdock area in the Southern Black Hills.
- NRC License (they have it, but can’t use it until litigation is settled)
- EPA ISL mining permit
- EPA deep disposal well permit
- State mining permit
- State water permit for Inyan Kara formations
- State water permit for Madison formation
- State wastewater spraying permit
- BLM permission
- NPDES wastewater permit
- Army Corps of Engineers permit (this is actually a question mark right now, due to changes in federal law)
There will probably also be county permits in Custer County. None needed in Fall River County, as they’ve given them a green light as of like 9 years ago.