The mission of Black Hills Clean Water Alliance, founded in 2009, is to stop current and prevent future radioactive and destructive mining in the Black Hills region to protect our valuable resources – especially our water – for future generations. The Alliance is a diverse collection of citizens concerned about the health, environmental, and economic impacts that mining projects would have on our communities, people, economy, and natural resources.
POSITION OPENING. APPLY NOW!
POSTED JANUARY 30, 2023
BLACK HILLS CLEAN WATER ALLIANCE
SOCIAL MEDIA/ORGANIZING ASSISTANT
Job Title: Social Media/Organizing Assistant
Hours: 80 hours per month; Flexible schedule.
Location: Rapid City, SD, area; At least 6 hours per week in the organization’s Rapid City office
Key Responsibilities and Duties: You will work on these and other tasks, as assigned:
Social media tasks will include:
- strategizing with other staff, the Board of Directors, and contractors to develop Black Hills Clean Water Alliance’s social media presence,
- draft creative content to meet regular deadlines,
- post approved social media entries,
- evaluate and expand the organization’s social media reach
- create, host, and produce at least one podcast per month.
Organizing tasks will include:
- setting up and participating in information tables, parades, and other events.
The employee will be visible to community members and should conduct themselves professionally while on the job. The use of alcohol or other non-prescribed drugs — or the misuse of prescribed drugs — while on the job or representing Black Hills Clean Water Alliance is prohibited.
Academic, Work Skills, and Other Qualifications: A successful person in this position must have the following training, skills, and interests:
- A strong interest in protecting the Black Hills
- Knowledge of social media platforms and creativity in their use, including most or all of the following: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Spotify or other podcasting host platforms.
- Good communication skills, including both written and oral communication
- Basic research skills and the ability to determine the accuracy of information
- Good organization and time management skills
- Ability to relate to a variety of types of people
- Ability to work well independently
We also prefer:
- Two or more years of college
- Communications courses
- Podcast experience
To apply, send your resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org