ANNOUNCING SUMMER INTERNSHIP!
Application Deadline March 31, 2023
DO YOU LOVE THE BLACK HILLS? DO YOU WANT TO LEARN HOW TO PROTECT THEM?
COMMUNITY ORGANIZING INTERNSHIP WITH BLACK HILLS CLEAN WATER ALLIANCE
Black Hills Clean Water Alliance is a 13-year-old organization that works to protect water and the Black Hills from radioactive uranium mining, gold mining exploration, and lithium exploration and mining. We educate the public, participate in legal cases, and take direct action to stop destructive mining.
The person in this Internship will work with experienced organizers to develop new skills and increase existing skills. Activities will include developing strategy and tactics, doing organizing tasks, and completing research. Organizing tasks are likely to include helping organize events, write flyers, fundraise, and set up and participate in information tables, parades, and other events.
The Intern will be an independent contractor and must have a phone, a computer, and internet service to be able to complete Internship activities. Reliable transportation would be helpful. The Intern will work with BH Clean Water Alliance to schedule work hours that meet the needs of both the Intern and the organization. The Intern is expected to work about 15 hours per week for 10 to 12 weeks, beginning on about May 15, 2023, and to provide bi-weekly written reports on their activities. BH Clean Water Alliance will pay a stipend of $900 per month.
The successful Intern must have the following skills and interests:
- A strong interest in protecting the Black Hills
- Good communication skills, including both written and oral communication
- Basic research skills and the ability to determine the accuracy of information
- Ability to relate to a variety of types of people
- Ability to work well independently
The following would be helpful, but are not required:
- Two or more years of college
- Has taken courses related to the Internship (this might include any of the sciences, any of the social sciences, leadership, public administration, and related fields)
- Some knowledge of politics
- More than one year of experience living in western South Dakota.
To apply, submit a cover letter expressing your interest in the Internship, a resume, and the names and contact information for three references to email@example.com no later than March 31, 2023. Put “Internship” in the Subject line.
Black Hills Clean Water Alliance
FB: https://www.facebook.com —— @bhcleanwateralliance
IG: https://www.instagram.com —— @bhcleanwateralliance
TW: https://twitter.com/BHCLEANWATER —— @bhcleanwater