Title: Northern Black Hills Organizer.
Full-time, $37,000 or more depending on experience.
Location: Sturgis, Spearfish, Sundance, or Lead-Deadwood preferred. Rapid City or other locations in the central or northern Black Hills possible.
Who We Are: Black Hills Clean Water Alliance is a twelve-year-old organization that works to protect the Black Hills from radioactive uranium mining, gold and rare earths mining and exploration, disposal of mining wastes into surface or ground water, and abandoned old uranium mines. The person in this position will expand the organization’s capabilities to meet new challenges from gold and rare earths exploration in the northern Black Hills area.
- A strong interest in protecting the Black Hills
- At least two years of experience in community organizing preferred, but will consider other types of organizational work
- Good communication skills, including both written and oral communication
- Ability to speak proficiently and confidently in front of groups of people
- Intermediate research skills and the ability to determine the accuracy of information
- Ability to relate to a variety of types of people
- Ability to work well independently
- Two or more years of college, preferably including at least a few courses relevant to this position
For more information about this position or how to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about the organization, go to: bhcleanwateralliance.org
Equal Opportunity Employment: Black Hills Clean Water Alliance and its fiscal sponsor, Clean Water Legacy, provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type.